jeudi 30 avril 2015

My first impression



My first impression


08/06/2015

Hello everyone. My name is Pablo. I'm doing a gap year (even if it's only tree weeks) in Australia for preserving natural wildlife and i will share this experience with you.

I've take the plane from New York, and after an escale in Sao Paulo, and 18 hours of trip, i'm here. I'm a bit nervous : it's the first time i'm separated from my familly for so long, but it isn't so much time, so i think i will be fine. I'm in Sydney now and i'm amazed by the beautifful buildings like the opera.






                                                                                                                             The opera


It's cold because it's winter : i wanted to go in Ausralia during the colder season, so it won't be too hot in the interior. I will also try Australian food. Until now the only think that i've eat here is meat pie, one of the typical foods. I sweer to myself that i will try kangaroo food. The meat pie was good : like it's name show, it's a meat pie. It's generaly served with fries and ketchup and you can find it in every restaurant or fastfood. Tomorow, i will visit the city : the royal botanic garden and the Sydney aquarium, and the next day i will start my trip in Australlia. Good nigt !

09/06/2015    

I have visited the city today. I first went to the royal botanic garden. I've seen a lot of trees, including Moreton Bay figs, a parasitic tree who stangle it's host tree.



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                                 The opera view from the garden


The place i liked the most was the aquiarium : they have sharks, platybuses, rays, reefs and       two of my favorites animals : the first is the saltwater crocodile, who is a crocodile who can swim in saltwater, and can be 7 meters long.  These reptiles often kill people.

Rex, the 5 meters saltwater crocodile of the aquirium.








No, I won't give you my food
 The second animal is cutter : it's a dugong, an elephant reelative who look like a seal and it's often called sea cow. The two dugongs of the aquarium, Pig and Wuru, are th only australian dugongs on captivity(there are five dugongs in captivity in the world). the two were separated from their mother, but they not brother and sister. Normaly, they should be set free in wild, but the first try showed that they can't  survive in nature. Wuru is younger but 2 times bigger that Pig, because she his a female (female dugongs are bigger). Goodbye !
                                                                                                         



1 commentaire:

  1. " Escale" is not used for flights. We say " stopover"
    I'll give you a correction sheet, for you to work on your mistakes and improve your written expression

    RépondreSupprimer